Monday, July 26, 2010

Chicken Salad

My chicken salad recipe is really simple, but you will need a food processor. I do not like chunky chicken salad. I like my chicken salad to be more chopped up and this is why I use a food processor to make it. I use a Cuisinart Elite food processor.
5 boneless and skinless chicken breasts


2 stalks of celery


1/4 medium onion


1/2 cup pecans


1 T Garlic Powder


Salt and pepper


1-2 Cup Mayonnaise


Poach chicken in simmering chicken broth until done (about 15 minutes) Once chicken is done place in a food processor and mince it. Use the pulse button to get the chicken to the desired texture. Remove to a large bowl.

Mince pecans, celery and onion in the same manner and pour into the bowl. Add the mayonnaise, salt and pepper and stir. If salad is too dry add a little of the cooking broth or more mayonnaise. Taste and add seasoning to your liking. Refrigerate immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to submit comments or recipes of your own!